Homeowner Insurance - Liability Coverage

I always write liability coverage with homeowners insurance so if anyone gets injured on the premises it will pay for any claims, and it adds a very small amount to the premium for what you get.

For example, in an apartment situation, what if a fire, or a leak, starts in your apartment and causes damage to the contents in another apartment, you will be covered for those losses by your liability coverage.

Liability coverage is available for all types of homeowners insurance, and you always want to have enough liability coverage - it’s not smart to go for only the minimum - $25,000 won’t go far in a lawsuit - you’re much better off starting with $100,000 in liability coverage.

And you’d probably ought to have $300,000, which you can get for just a few more dollars per year.

Gordon Lampley is the owner of Sunbelt Insurance, Inc., in Dickson, Tennessee.

Gordon is an independent agent with 37 years of experience, representing 20 insurance carriers and offering all lines of property & casualty, life, and health insurance.

He can be reached by email or by phone at 615-446-9292.

Tags: , , , , , ,